I thought I would share some fun at home DIY beauty recipes to pamper yourself while we are staying inside to stay safe. Most of the ingredients you may already have, so you could make it a fun activity to do with your little ones too!
Have a good week and stay strong.
Coffee Lip Scrub
-2 Tsp Ground Coffee
-1 teaspoon of Coconut Oil or Coconut Oil
-1 Drop of Essential Oil of Choice or Vanilla
Stir and grind the coffee and coconut oil until it’s well blended. Now add any essential oil of your choice. (Only a drop.) Take a small amount on your finger, apply to your lips, and scrub in circular motion for up to one minute. Rinse off with water and pat dry.
Coffee is a natural exfoliator which removes the dead outer surface of your lips and makes them soft! Coconut oil soothes skin and treats chapped lips naturally.
You could store your lip scrub in a small container or empty out an old container, wash it an reuse it!
Sugar Lip Scrub
- 2 tsp of brown sugar or regular sugar
- 1/2 tsp honey (just enough to mix with sugar and make a paste)
- 1 tsp olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 drop of your favorite essential oil or vanilla (this is optional just to add flavor and smell to the scrub)
Mix all of the ingredients. Once blended, apply the scrub onto your lips, rub it well in circular motions and exfoliate gently to loosen the dead skin. Let it sit for a minute or two, then rinse off with water. Apply your favorite lip balm afterwards.
Brown sugar acts as a natural exfoliator which removes dead cells and reveals the healthier and softer lips. Honey works as a humectant that keeps the lips moisturized after exfoliation!
Store Scrub in a small container or wash and reuse an empty container.
PS- You can use these recipes on your Hands as well!
DIY Dry Shampoo for Light and Dark Hair
Although I have a lot of Dry Shampoo around here… #TWINS… here’s some fun recipes for a natural solution to give you some extra days in between! Also this photo makes me want to break out the self tanner….
- ¼ cup organic cornstarch (for dark hair use 2 TBSP of cornstarch and 2 TBSP cocoa powder so it’s not white)
- 5 drops Essential Oil (optional – I use lavender or rosemary)
- Place the Cornstarch, or Cornstarch and cocoa powder, into a small jar.
- Add the essential oil and mix to combine.
- Apply with an old make-up brush to the roots or oily parts of your hair. Applying with the brush is optional, but it removes the need to comb it through.
Green Tea Bath Soak
Let’s be real, our bath tub has toys all around it… but if you can take some time late at night for a bath, it can be super relaxing! (Just be sure to clean the tub afterwards.)
You Will Need:
- 3 cups Epsom Salt
- 3 Tbsp Loose Green Tea
- 4-6 drops of Peppermint Essential Oils (optional)
- 6-8 drops coconut or almond oil
Have a good week. Soak in some snuggles and some self care too.
What are some things you are doing to relax? Tell me below in the Comments!